Recent Post

Had to work out right length to bowl with pink ball: Ishant

Kolkata, NovEMBER 22 

Ishant Sharma said the Indian pacers had to figure out the right length to bowl with the pink ball after not getting any swing initially on Day 1. 

Ishant took his 10th five wicket-haul, helping India bundle out Bangladesh for a paltry 106 in the historic Day/Night Test. “It was a lot different from the red ball. Initially, we bowled the right length but did not get any swing. Then we realised at what length we have to hit, we discussed among ourselves and found out the right length to bowl with the pink ball,” said Ishant after the close of play on Day 1.

12-year wait

After a long wait of 12 years, Ishant finally got a five-wicket haul (5/22) at home. “I’m enjoying my cricket right now. Initially, I used to take more pressure about my performance, to take wickets and beat the batsmen... and so many things. Now I do not think much. Obviously, I’ve got experience now so I adjust my length according to the conditions quickly,” Ishant said. 

The 31-year-old does not feature in the ODI team since 2016 while his last T20I experience was in 2013. “Yes it feels sad sometimes. But I’ve reached a stage in life I’ve stopped worrying about those things. I’m now 31 and if I start worrying about in which format I’m in then I cannot perform. I just want to play, be it the Ranji Trophy or for India. If you enjoy playing, you do well. If you start cribbing about small things, you can never improve,” he said. — PTI



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/2QIDJbX
via Today’s News Headlines
Had to work out right length to bowl with pink ball: Ishant Had to work out right length to bowl with pink ball: Ishant Reviewed by Online News Services on November 22, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.